- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Green sprinkles
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold water and set aside.
- With a meat fork or wooden skewer, poke holes about 2 in. apart into cooled cake. Slowly pour gelatin over cake. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cake. Decorate with sprinkles. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Test Kitchen Tips
- A chopstick or the handle of a small wooden spoon would also work for poking holes into the cake.
- For extra fluffy frosting, first fold in 1 cup of whipped topping, then fold in the rest. This prevents the topping from deflating.
- Try substituting white chocolate or cheesecake-flavored instant pudding mix for the vanilla mix.
1 piece: 303 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.