- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 60 wafers)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/3 cups butter, softened
- 6 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- Pecan halves
- In a large bowl, combine the wafers, pecans and butter until crumbly. Press into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- For cake, in another large bowl, beat the cake mix, pumpkin, eggs and butter; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Spread over crust in each pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Spread filling between layers (crumb side down) and on the sides and top of cake. Spread caramel topping over top, allowing some to drip down the sides. Garnish with pecan halves. Store in refrigerator.
1 piece: 614 calories, 36g fat (18g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 471mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (56g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.