- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar sliced pears
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons confectioners’ sugar
- Drain pears, reserving the syrup; chop pears. Place pears and syrup in a large bowl; add the cake mix, egg whites and egg. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high for 4 minutes.
- Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray and dust with flour. Add batter.
- Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 50-55 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners’ sugar.
1 slice: 149 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 232mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.