No-Bake Cheesecake Bars – these babies are just the right amount of sweet, have a nice buttery graham cracker crust, and are surprisingly firm like actual cheesecake. Top them however you like – fruit, chocolate sauce, or caramel and sea salt!!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (from about 8 sleeves)
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 1 1/2 tsp plain powdered gelatin (I bought a box of little packets)
- 16 oz original cream cheese room temperature for 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream room tmperature for 30 minutes
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Sour Cream Topping (Optional)
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- To make the crust, in a medium size mixing bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar and salt. Pour the melted butter over top and stir until a soft wet mixture forms. Firmly press into a 8×8 or 9×9 inch pan. Place in the freezer to chill while preparing the filling.
- In a small microwave-safe mixing bowl, whisk together the water and gelatin. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large mixing bowl) beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add the sugar, salt, vanilla and sour cream, beat just until combined.
- Place the gelatin mixture in microwave and heat for 25 seconds on HIGH. Remove and whisk for 1 minute. Allow to cool for 2 minutes, then with mixing speed on low, slowly add the gelatin to the cream cheese, mixing until combined.
- Using a hand mixer (or if you have another bowl for your mixer, use that), in a medium bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the whipped cream into the mixture. The whipped cream will loosen the filling up a bit and make it slightly more spreadable.
- Carefully spread the filling into the chilled crust. Spread into a smooth, even layer.
- Prepare the topping by combining all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stirring together until smooth. Using a spatula, spread over the top of the cheesecake.
- Place in the refrigerator and chill for at least 4 hours before slicing and serving.