An easy low carb Chicken Parmesan recipe with crispy low carb breading that stays on! It’s the best cheesy keto Chicken Parmesan ever, made in one pan with simple ingredients.
- 4 large Chicken breast (~6 oz each)
- Sea salt
- 1/2 cup Vital Proteins Grass-fed Whey Protein Powder (divided)
- 2 large Egg
- 3 oz Pork rinds (crushed using a mallet or in a blender)
- 1/4 cup Grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup Avocado oil (or light olive oil, for frying)
- 3/4 cup Marinara sauce
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Fill a large bowl with warm water and 1-2 tablespoons of sea salt. Place chicken breasts inside and set aside to brine for at least 10-20 minutes (up to an hour).
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Arrange 3 medium bowls in a line:
1) For dredging: 1/4 cup protein powder
2) For dipping: Eggs, beaten
3) For breading: Crushed pork rinds, grated Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and remaining 1/4 cup protein powder, stirred together
- When the chicken is done brining, pat dry. Use a flat meat mallet to pound the chicken breasts to even thickness, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Dredge each chicken breast in the protein powder, then dip in the egg, and finally roll in the Parmesan breading mixture to coat. Repeat with all the chicken breasts.
- Heat oil in a large oven-safe saute pan, over medium-high heat, until shimmery. When the oil is hot, add the chicken breasts in a single layer (they will be pretty crowded and touching, which is okay). Cook for about2 minutes, until browned on the bottom. Carefully flip using a thin turner, and cook for 2 more minutes, until the other side is brown. Remove the pan from heat immediately.
- Right in the pan, top each chicken breast with 3 tbsp marinara sauce, then 3 tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Place the oven-safe pan into the preheated oven. Bake the Keto Chicken Parmesan for about 10 minutes, until the cheese starts to get golden spots and the chicken is cooked through. Garnish with fresh basil to serve, if desired.