- 2 packages (14.1 ounces each) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 to 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 6 tablespoons Key lime juice
- Fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 32 muffin cups with foil liners. On a lightly floured work surface, unroll pastry sheets. Cut 32 circles with a floured 2-1/4-in. round cookie cutter (discard remaining pastry or save for another use). Press one pastry circle into each liner. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lime juice. In another bowl, whisk flours; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Pour batter into prepared cups. Bake 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until blended. Beat in enough confectioners’ sugar, alternately with lime juice, to reach desired consistency. Frost cupcakes; top with raspberries. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor’s Note : As a substitute for 1-1/2 cups self-rising flour, place 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a measuring cup. Add all-purpose flour to measure 1 cup. Combine with an additional 1/2 cup all-purpose flour.
As a substitute for 1-1/2 cups self-rising flour, place 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a measuring cup. Add all-purpose flour to measure 1 cup. Combine with an additional 1/2 cup all-purpose flour.
1 cupcake: 368 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 256mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.