Have it both ways. A warm and satisfying meal, and a fresh salad, rolled into one. Plus, it’s keto AND amazingly delicious! Feast or fiesta? You decide.
- 10 oz. Romaine lettuce
- 5 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 2 avocados
- 4 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1½ lbs boneless chicken thighs
- 3 oz. butter
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp Tex-Mex seasoning
- 5 oz. Mexican cheese or cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
- Prepare the toppings. Tear the lettuce, chop tomatoes, dice avocados, and clean and chop the cilantro. Set aside.
- Slice onion and pepper fairly thin.
- On a separate cutting board, cut the chicken into thin strips.
- Fry the chicken in butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Salt and pepper to taste. When the chicken is almost cooked through, add onion, pepper and Tex-Mex seasoning.
- Lower the heat and continue to fry while stirring for a couple of minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and the vegetables have softened just a bit.
- Place lettuce in a bowl and add the chicken mixture. Add shredded cheese, diced avocado, chopped tomatoes, fresh cilantro and perhaps a dollop of sour cream.
A spoonful of your favorite salsa can be a nice addition. Also, feel free to substitute guacamole for the avocado in this fajita bowl.