- 1 package devil’s food cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons confectioners’ sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, yogurt, cocoa, egg whites and egg; beat on low for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners’ sugar.
1 piece: 191 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 399mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch.