Cheesecake Stuffed Red Velvet Cookies are creamy, festive, and are the perfect treat to have during the holiday season. You get a dessert which is the best of both worlds. A delicious red velvet filled with cream cheese, in cookie form!
If you are looking for a delicious and decadent sweet to make for the upcoming Christmas, Valentine’s Day, or any special occasion, then this recipe is the one to go! You might also like Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies, Red Cheesecake Bites, and Pecan Pie Bars.
FOR CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
FOR RED VELVET COOKIE DOUGH:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Gel red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, and salt in a small bowl until smooth.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until slightly firm, about 30 minutes.
RED VELVET COOKIE DOUGH:
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, combine butter, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Next, add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, a few drops of food coloring, and salt. Mix until just combined.
- If you want the dough redder, add more gel food coloring.
- Using a two tablespoons cookies scoop, scoop cookie dough and flatten into a pancake-like circle, place it on the baking sheet. Place about 2 teaspoons of cream cheese filling on top. Bring the edges of the dough around the filling and pinch together to seal, if necessary add more dough to cover completely. Roll the filled dough into a ball and place it back on the baking sheet. Arrange cookies about 3inches apart from each other.
- Bake cookies 15 to 17 minutes.
- Cool on a cooling rack before serving.