Skip to content
- The amount of blood that passes through the body in circulation in 25 days is approximately equal to a medium-sized swimming pool.
- A person may lose40% of their blood and still stay alive. Of course, a timely blood transfusion is needed.
- 21% of all heart attacks happen on Mondays. A second peak happens on Fridays. Scientists assume that the reason is an “outpouring” of stress hormones in the beginning of a week.
- Our heartbeat influences our mood. Scientists studied this phenomenon when a man was fitted with a new heart. After the surgery, his mind, feelings, and actions changed in unusual ways.
- To reduce the risk of a heart attack, you have to wake up slowly in the morning and reduce the intensity of evening workouts.
- Coconut water is able to replace blood plasma thanks to their similar compositions.
- Blood groups may be a reason for divorce. Scientists have found out that there is a link between spouses’ blood types and the percentage of divorces. Thus, in the strongest couples, both people have O type. Couples who decide to divorce usually have such combinations: A + AB or A + O.